Sunday, July 4, 2010

Troy's Temple Work

Tuesday, June 29, 2010, was a special day as my parents, siblings, and our spouses drove to a LDS temple nearby and performed my brother, Troy's, temple work. It was an emotional day for us seeing Troy's name on that piece of paper. We were crying before we had even gotten started - many memories flooded my mind on his death, funeral, and life. Going through the temple this time meant so much more.

However we did also have some giggly moments though too....Jodi and Penni had a "funny" in the temple which got all of us girls trying to stifle our laughs for quite some time.

From left: Jed, Mindy, Dad, Mom, Lisa, Cory, Jodi, Ben, Penni, and Todd.


Cory, Dad, Penni, Mom, Mindy, and Jodi.
My family in front of the temple doors.

Afterwards, we picked up our daughters, who were making bracelets and necklaces while we were at the temple. Aubrey made two watches...one for her and one for me....awe, so sweet that she had thought of me too. Thanks, Aubrey! I know it was made with lots of love.

Once we had the girls, we headed to Craigo's Pizza where we stuffed ourselves!

For those who want to know about why we do "Temple Work for the Dead" go to:

http://www.lds.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment