Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sooner Than I Hoped

The other evening before bedtime my seven-year old son, Ronin, came up to his dad and asked, "Hey Dad, what is sex?"

Thrown back a little by the question, Jed asked, "Where did you hear about that?"

Ronin simply replied, "The neighbor boy told me about it."

Jed: "Well, what did he say sex was?"

(Truthfully, at this point I was thinking "oh, crap" and was worried about what his response would be....I definately didn't want our son learning about all this from another kid. I thought we would have a little bit more time before he would be hearing about this.)

Ronin simply said, "Kissing a lot." (Whew! That was close!)

Jed: "Well, that's part of it, but we'll talk about it later because it's time to go to bed."

Ronin: "Don't forget, ok, dad?"

Five minutes later we hear him call out from his bedroom....."Promise you won't forget?"

Jed: "I promise."

Jed says it's my turn to do the talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment