Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Not Acting My Age

Me and a couple of friends decided that it's been way too long since we've gone out together - like 2-3 years too long. So we were definitely due for some girl time. Although we only had an hour together, Debbie picked me and Janel up in her new convertible for some driving time. We automatically felt really cool just cruising around in a car with an open top.


From left: me, Janel, Debbie

There's just something about laughing and singing with your friends and your hair blowing in the wind that makes you feel so young and free all over again. Explain to me again why I don't do this more often?

Debbie

Me and Janel getting the lovely wind treatment.

Usually I am kind of a reserved, serious, quiet type of gal...letting others do all the talking and me content to do all of the listening. But there is something about being around these two ladies that when we're together they bring out a different side of me - lots of silliness and giggles. These girls know how to laugh!

Having fun like a couple of teenage girls!
Ok, so looking at this picture I decided next time it would be better if I just kept my tongue in my mouth. Not a very attactive look if I do say so myself.

Debbie not only picked us up but also made us all some groovy looking smoothies. For any mom of a newborn, you know exactly what this color reminds you of, right? But it tasted wonderful. The green was from some spinach leaves snuck into all of that fruit.

Since a new windmill farm is being put up in our area, we decided to go check it out first hand. And aren't we lucky to have ended up joining the convoy of new windmill propellers being delivered for installation. Yes, each one of those things being hauled by a deisle is just one of three propellers that goes on each windmill - they are massive.


Sadly, time ran out and we never made it to the windmills because both Debbie and I had to get back for some prior commitments that couldn't be missed. Which just gives us another reason to do it again soon since we now have a mission to accomplish.

Lovin' the look Debbie - very sexy!!!

Hey Debbie and Janel, I am really looking forward to our next "therapy" session!

1 comment:

  1. Thats great! It looks like you girls had a fab time. We missed you at the lake but glad to see you missed out for a good reason. In your last few posts we've gotten to see a different side of you. FUN!! I will be sure to assign you a more flambouyant character at the next murder mystery.

    ReplyDelete