Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Birthday Party for Troy

Today Kristine, Drewe, and Aubrey wanted to throw a birthday party for my brother, Troy. He would have turned 36 years old today if he was still alive. So the plans for this evening were to go on a bike ride on the Greenbelt (runs along the river) and then have some cake.


I brought my bike trailer and my niece, Brooklyn, got to ride along with Rigdon.

As you can tell, they were pretty excited to get to be together.

Aubrey and Kristine.

Ronin with his cousin, Briggs.

Love Rigdon's expression in this picture.

I noticed Aubrey and Kristine's feet - all wrapped up with tape and gauze, apparently bandaids wouldn't stick. They both got blisters running around on the cement at the swimming pool all day yesterday. Nice girls!

The Adults
From left: Dad, Lisa (sister-in-law), Me, Cory (my brother), and my Mom.


I stopped and took a picture of one of our local temples (Jed and I got married here.)

Since I was so far behind the others, I came across Ronin who was all by himself and very upset. He said his back was hurting him and didn't want to ride his bike anymore. I think part of it was that he was trying so hard to keep up with the group but couldn't. I just told him to take it nice and slow.

So, Cory checked out my bike and offered to take the trailer for me....I was lagging pretty far behind at this point. Cory discovered that both Ronin's bike and mine had flat tires, and that I didn't have my gears on the proper setting. Oops! No wonder why I felt like I was getting such a workout! (I needed it though, so I really didn't mind.)



Aubrey.

Aubrey and Ronin playing around.

Ronin and Briggs, again.


Troy's Birthday Cake

Drewe with the birthday cake made in honor of her dad.

Kristine made and decorated the cake and I believe the other girls helped her out too. I thought it was a very nice idea that the girls wanted to do this.

Troy's Cake, with the Boise State University Bronco's theme (Troy's favorite team.)

Singing happy birthday. Cutting and eating the cake.

Love and miss you, Troy! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. It was a nice evening. You are doing wonderful at getting the pictures up so quickly!! Maybe I'll feel up to getting on the ball here soon!

    ReplyDelete