Sunday, July 31, 2011

Berries Are On

It's that time again.  For berry picking that is.
 
It's one of my favorite times during the summer - I love fresh rasberries.


I summoned my little army along for some extra hands.



Rigdon loved helping out too.







Wow, that's a lot of berries.  I don't know if we can eat all this before they go bad.  Which only means one thing.....we're gonna make some jam, people!

We'll save a portion of our pickings for my favorite summertime snack....a fresh bowl of raspberries with milk and a little bit of sugar sprinkled on top.  Mmmmmm.

4 comments:

  1. are all of those plants at your house?? I'm so jealous!! Yummy!!!
    Cody saw Rigdon's picture and said,"there's my friend with a raspberry."
    enjoy your hard work!!!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, we share a garden with my parents at their house. So it's really their raspberry patch, but we get to pick all we want. :) I've made 4 batches of jam and still have a few more before all the raspberries get used up. Wish I could share some with you....if ONLY you lived closer. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know who DOES live closer???
    If you think they are going to go bad, I'm willing to help you with that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all the pictures of you guys in the plants! I needed to borrow some of your army the other day ;-)

    ReplyDelete