Friday, July 8, 2011

Museum

Where we spent our day today:




The Bodies Exhibit was awesome - the kids were totally grossing out.  But what a learning experience it was to look at real bodies (my Anatomy & Physiology class in college really paid off for me, for the most part, I knew what I was looking at and how it worked.)  My favorite displays were in the reproductive system room.   They had tiny little fetus' from 21 days since fertilization of the egg on up through their growth in the womb.  Yes, real dead fetus' to look at.  The kids all thought they looked like aliens....which we do at that stage in life.  Huge heads, tiny, under-developed bodies, webbed hands and feet.  It was so interesting....too bad they don't allow photos.

But here in the Discovery Center portion of the museum, photos were fair game!  (As long as you're willing to listen to an old man volunteer give you a lecture about taking photos.  I told him I hadn't taken any pictures of the Bodies exhibit and apologized even though I had gotten permission to take photos from another volunteer, it apparently didn't matter.  He kept talking.  In the beginning I had a hard time figuring out how much trouble I was really in.  The only way I got out of that situation was a planned interception from the kids and grandma...thanks all!  That guy was going to talk my ear off with no end in sight.)




















5 comments:

  1. Looks fun. I must say the first picture gave me a much needed laugh. Thanks Ronin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the dress up photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like Ronin and Kristine have the same Hansen gene - they can't take a picture without making a weird face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really look at the first picture until reading Jed's comment. That is classic - enjoyed a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Todd: Well, I think you probably put in a few of your humor genes too. LOL! Even when Zoe talks, she sounds so much like you. Your girls have been so much fun to have around. I am going to miss them when they all leave. :(

    ReplyDelete