Thursday, August 4, 2011

He Lives! Photo Exhibit

A new photography exhibit will be opening up today!

The whole theme of this exhibit is centered around some of the most memorable moments in the life of Jesus Christ.

Lucky me, I was invited to attend the Open House last night for a sneak preview!


This is my friend, Debbie, the mastermind behind the whole exhibit.  I am very excited for her!

Debbie is someone I am truly in awe of.....she is so creative.  But the best part is, she has the courage to put those ideas into actions and results.  She comes up with an idea and does it.   What's not to love about that?

Her exhibit will be open for a month, so I'm pretty stoked she'll be around for the next several weeks.

One other reason why I am particularly interested in this project is that me and Rigdon just happen to be in it too...literally!  Yep, my very first modeling gig.  Who knew that I would ever be able to put THAT on my life resume?   Rigdon got his start much sooner than I ever did, lol.
Alright, so if you can't tell from the portraits who we are portraying then you need to head back to Sunday School people!

It was an honor and very humbling to be Mary and have Rigdon play the Christ child.  Although I did tell Debbie she more than had my permission to do any sort of photoshopping on me that was necessary. :)  I am well aware that I am just an average looking person, I am certainly no timeless beauty by any stretch of the imagination.  I'm cool with that.  :)

Yep, the "Christ-child" here, rockin' it out.


So if any of you locals out there are interested, make sure you come check out "Portraits of Christ".  Prints are available for sale.

I'm ending with one of my favorite quotes displayed in the exhibit:

Thanks Debbie for all the goodies you sent me home with!  I am totally stoked about getting the DVD and the ton of prints!   Wow, you are one very generous friend!  Love ya, girl!  I am proud of you!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. What a talented lady! And she choose the right people for the portrait. And you are wrong...you are not an average looking person. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! I loved the photo of you and Rigdon! Did you say where the exhibit was? I may have missed it! Thanks for sharing, would love to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie and Riley, thanks gals for the compliments. :)

    Lisa, the exhibit is in Shelley, on Main Street. You should come see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have to disagree about you not being a timeless beauty!

    ReplyDelete