Sunday, July 17, 2011

Harry Potter

For all those young (and old) wizards out there, you already know that the final Harry Potter movie came out this weekend. 

The kids were super excited to see the final movie and so we wasted no time in going to see it.



 Now that I think about it, my kids have literally grown up with Harry Potter for the past ten years.  Aubrey was just 4 years old when the first movie came out and started reading the books when she was about six.   We've loved the world of Hogwarts ever ever since and have all the books and DVDs.  It still makes me laugh to think about a few years ago when Aubrey wished and wished she could get a REAL invitation letter to attend Hogwarts School when she turned eleven.   LOL.  :)

Ever since Connor got glasses this past year, he would get comments all the time at school about how much he looked like the young Harry (especially when he had his longer messy hair...before I cut it.)  I told him it would be a cool idea if he dressed up for the movie, so he did.  Aubrey did too.  I am sure you can't imagine who she dressed up as.   ;p
Ronin went as Ron, we just ran out of dress-up material for him.  Aubrey's personality is a lot like Hermione, a smart girl.

My kids brought pencils as their wands.  :)

 Naturally, they got a lot of looks, smiles and comments from other people.  One guy asked Aubrey not to put a hex on him.

I worked my own little magical touch....drawing Harry's scar.  Not too shabby if I do say so myself. 

Aubrey brought her Hermione Time-Turner necklace.


What made it especially fun was to have Julie and her kids with us too.  They're big fans like us. 



Sadly, all good things must come to an end. 

But I am sure Harry will continue to live long and well at our house.....the books and movies will continue to be read and watched over and over again.  It will be quite some time before they will ever begin to sit and collect dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment