Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Friends Are God's Way of Taking Care of Us

Last week, I got together with my new friend, Kelly, whose husband was also just deployed to Iraq with Jed.  We both had a crazy week right after our hubbies left so we decided to meet at a small lake and have a nice walk and just talk, or should I say a therapy session of venting? 

I took a few pics while me and the boys were waiting for her to show up. 

I let Ronin take a crack at using the camera too.

I look at this little boy of mine and he just makes me want to smother him with kisses.

Rigdon is full of so much happiness and fun.  Ooooo, I just want to squeeze him forever!


Kelly showed up just a few minutes later with her oldest boy, Andrew.  Andrew and Ronin have just recently become friends too.  Kelly and I both put them in the same karate class for their own benefit but to also have a chance to meet each other and (hopefully) become friends.  I think our plan worked out really well, they hit if off quickly.

They both are experiencing the same thing with their dads being gone...I felt like it was important for Ronin to have a friend who knew exactly what he was going through.

Making new friends who are going through the same thing has been a blessing for me as well.  I have had the privilege of getting to know a few of the other military wives, who I am so grateful to have met and become friends with.




 


Best buddies...they already talk of wanting to spend the night at each other's house.


It was a beautiful, warm day so we let the boys have some fun in the water.






Kelly and Andrew.

Kelly, thank you for the wonderful day.  We had a great time with you!

I must also express my deep appreciation to my family and other wonderful friends who have shown so much love.  I could not handle all of this by myself without all of you.  Whether it is a phone call, email/chatting (that includes you, TL, you know who you are), taking my kids to and from activities, bringing a meal/treat in (thanks Jen and Jen!!), or picking me up when I was stranded on the side of the freeway when my vehicle decided to just die (thanks Bob, mom, and Cory!), I have been so blessed to have you all in my life. 

And to Aubrey, Connor, and Ronin: your small acts of service around the house to help out and make life a little easier for me makes such a HUGE difference in the tone of our home.  Your daddy would be very pleased with all of you.  I love you bunches and bunches.

I realize how emotional I sound lately.  I promise I'm not depressed or gone crazy, quite the contrary, I am happy.  It's just lately I've realized how many people out there really care and are willing to help.  Even a few of Jed's fellow police officers have stopped by to see how we are doing and let me know that they are keeping an eye on our house, and offer their assistance with anything I may need.  Wow!  What wonderful people I am surrounded with!

Friends are truly one way that God takes care of us and meets our needs.  I do not believe we were meant to travel this earthly experience alone.  The relationships we establish here in this life are to give us enjoyment and strength, and I believe they can and will last beyond our mortal life.  During these past few weeks, I have literally felt the strength of all of your prayers.  I can't describe it or put it into words, but I FEEL it.  I know you are out there praying for us.  There is so much power that comes from prayer and exercising faith.  All I can give back is a humble thank you and hope to one day repay it back through opportunities to serve you as well.

3 comments:

  1. Finally got a chance to check out the blog on the computer. Good stuff Mindy and great pictures Ronin! I too am very grateful for everyone. Family, friends, Bob and Chief and others. I don't want to get emotional while at this internet cafe so I will leave it at that. I love you all very much.

    Daddy

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you to meet a friend going through the same thing. I love the pictures Ronin took of you and Rigdon; sooooo cute! We sure love you guys and are glad we live close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh....Mindy. You are such a wonderful person. I think that you have always been such a great example to people around you. It's no wonder so many people love you.

    ReplyDelete