Saturday, October 2, 2010

Letter From An Unknown Soldier

I just came home from a hike and received this letter in the mail today.  At first I thought it was from Jed because it was mailed from Mississippi, but when I opened it I realized it was from another soldier.  

I began reading and suddenly I was overwhelmed with emotions.  Such an unexpected, sweet letter from a grateful, unknown soldier (unknown since he didn't sign his name.) 

(To see a larger version, just click on the letter.)

Thank you, soldier, for your dear, kind words. I cannot express how much receiving your letter means to me.  Right now all I can do is cry, I am so touched by your words.  I know of Jed's heart and the kind of leader he wants to be.   He will take care of you with all of his abilities, strength, and love.  His soldiers will always be his utmost priority.  He will choose to go without until the soldiers he leads are taken care of first.  He is a man who has studied the leadership of other great men and desires to follow in their footsteps.  I know he will be a great asset to you all, I have no doubt about that.   

It is times like these that makes me so proud of the man that Jed is and grateful to be the one standing by his side.

1 comment: