Friday, May 20, 2011

Who I Am Thinking About Today....and All the Other Days

My excitement is beginning to BURST and BuBbLe all over the top.  And for good reason. 

It's been a VERY long 8, almost 9, months since Jed left for his deployment to Iraq.  However, in just a few weeks, I'll get to be back in his arms again, even if it is only for a very short while.  I'll get to have my husband back for two whole weeks!    C.A.N.'T   W.A.I.T!!!!!


I can't tell you how many times throughout the day that my mind turns to him.  Wondering how he's doing, if he's safe.  I can't help but imagine what it will be like to finally see him, touch him, kiss him, make sure he is real and not just a smiling face from my computer screen. 

One thing is for sure, I'll be a complete mess when he walks through those doors at the airport.  *Note to self: Must wear waterproof mascara*

The kids are full of anticipation as well.  They all know that they will each get to have a "Daddy Day" with Jed.  They've all made their own special plans - some of which involves going to movies, fishing, camping, sipping huckleberry milkshakes together, and motorcycle rides.  Yep, pretty darn excited.

I must say, I've never seen Jed so excited either.  Even with all the "fun" adventures he's having there, there isn't a conversation that passes without him saying (several times) how much he is looking forward to being home, being with his little family, drinking real, COLD milk, having a good night's sleep without the worry of being rocketed with mortars and not being allowed to do a dang thing about it. 


So you'll have to excuse me when this time rolls around, I will be M.I.A for awhile.  We'll be busy just being together.   ;P

5 comments:

  1. Ahh...you made me all teary. We are super excited for you guys! Enjoy your time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd type a comment, but there seems to be something in my eye...

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh!! I am so excited for all of you guys! ENJOY your time together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great I am so happy for you that he gets to come home. I am sure that is just what your family needs. Hope you guys have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! We will have a great time, even if it's just snuggling on the couch watching TV!

    Buckskin: Awe, your just a big teddy bear, aren't you? :)

    ReplyDelete