Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Aubrey stayed home today from church because she was sick.  She surprised me with a bedroom wall full of Mother's Day hearts and messages.  Awe!!!!








When it comes to Ronin, I never know what I'm gonna get:
I had to ask Ronin to clarify what he meant when he wrote, "She is as pretty as a dog."  In this case it was meant to be taken as a compliment - Ronin loves dogs.  LOL  :)

I am also rethinking that perhaps I do need to make more of an effort with family dinners, especially if Ronin thinks my favorite food is sandwiches of all things.  Clearly, I need to change the meals up a little more.  :/ 

Rigdon came home with a flower from his nursery class today at church.


He thinks it's for him.  I just get to look at it.  :)


From Connor:

Another one from Ronin:



These pretty flowers...

...of course went to my own mom (my sister and I went in on them together.)


I have an AWESOME mom!


I unexpectedly got this yummy fruit bowl from my mom.  How thoughtful!   Love you, Mom!!!

My Mother's Day Pick-Me-Up and reminder that I don't need to be perfect:

|

6 comments:

  1. "I know she loves me because she loves me".

    From where I sit, that speaks volumes about you. Happy Mom's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Buckskin. Sometimes you just wonder if your doing ok as a parent. I lose my patience far more than I would like to. I am grateful for kids who forgive easily. Did you do something special for your own mom and wife?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took my lovely bride to watch her daughter work cows on the horse, and out to dinner. Anything involving the horses is safe entertainment in our family.

    At the risk of revealing things that shouldn't be, I haven't had any contact with my mother since I was five (her choice). My paternal Grandmother was the closest I had to a mom, and she passed in 1992. I miss her very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, anything to do with your kids and horses is a great thing to do(and not making your wife cook a meal is most excellent too!)

    Golly, Buckskin, that is really sad about your mother. Even if it was a long time ago, I would imagine something like that would still affect you today. Or would you consider yourself to be over it? (Getting a bit personal here.)I am happy that your Grandma was involved in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo sweet! I loved all the cute notes from your kids. I also love the pictures of Ridgon! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how you are as pretty as a dog!

    ReplyDelete