Sunday, May 22, 2011

Officially a Teenager

Well, it's official.  We now have a legitimate teenager in the home.  I guess that makes me an old woman, right? 

Happy Birthday to our Poogy girl this week!  

Aubrey has decided to wait and celebrate her birthday when her dad gets home.  So these are all the pictures I'll have to show for now.

However, here's a letter Jed sent to her:

Happy Birthday Poogy Monster!

       Wow, a big 13.  Crazy!  I want you to know that I am very proud of you and the person that you are.  You are the best daughter ever!  As you grow you will always be my little poogs and I hope that you will always remember how much I love you.  I know that this deployment has been difficult for you but I have seen you grow in so many ways.  There will be a time when you look back with gratitude for this time and the opportunities you have had to progress as a person, a daughter, and a child of God.  You are wonderful and I am so thankful that you love me.  You are the best, Aubrey, and hold your own little place in the deepest area of my heart.  Have a great day and I will talk to you later.

Daddy Monster



I am lucky to have such an awesome young woman for a daughter.  She is right there by my side, willing to do whatever I need help with.  She is loyal, loving, unselfish, affectionate, strong, and clearly the BEST DAUGHTER EVER!

All I can say is what a priviledge it is to be her mom.  I don't fear what will come, I get the feeling that Aubrey will be a joy to raise during the next several years.  *knock on wood*

Happy Birthday, sweetheart.

1 comment: