Tuesday, May 24, 2011

School's Out!

It was my kids last day of school today. :)   :(  :oP


I don't know whether to feel happy or sad about that.  I was already listening to fighting, teasing, and crying going on in the house not even 10 minutes after the kids all got home.  Somehow I get the feeling this'll be a precursor to what the rest of my summer is going to be like.  Fun and frustration all at the same time.

Anyhow, I went to Connor's award assembly today. 

Ridgdon was simply excited just to go hang out with his big brother.




Connor was going for the spikey hair look...without the gel.  This morning was too crazy for me to notice soon enough to help him out.  Oh well...it's ok to live dangerously sometimes.  LOL  ;P



This is for blackmail later on whenever the need arises.

Connor received an "Excellent Growth in Reading" award. Only two kids from each class got one of these. Proud of my boy!






Way to go, Connor!

Aubrey was the only one truly disappointed that school was over with. 

Ronin came home with a bunch of papers that were fun to look through.  He got a few awards of his own too.

I have to admit, this one made me pretty happy....I really try to pound this into my kids and have often thought it just isn't sinking in:
Just goes to show that my kids really are listening when all the physical indications show that they aren't.

This one didn't surprise me...but did make me laugh.


There's always that one kid in class...you know, THAT one.  Well, Ronin's class was learning about evaporation earlier this year.  To illustrate this concept, his teacher put out a glass of water and asked the kids to all guess how long it would take for the water to evaporate.  The childrens' guesses were all recorded, and no, Ronin didn't win...not by a loooong shot.  Check out everyone's predictions and then look at Ronin's prediction at the very bottom.

Yep, Ronin is THAT kid.  Not a troublemaker by any means, but just always looking for an opportunity to have some fun and laugh.  ;P   Love it.

These last few papers I thought were sweet. 



HERE'S TO SUMMER VACATION!

(It's cold, wet, rainy, windy, and miserable today and everyone is stuck in the house...not the most ideal way to start out a summer vacation.)

1 comment: