Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fishin' with Scouts


 Last night, Connor's scout group went fishing for their activity.  Since they were fishing just a few minutes out of town and the evening was absolutely beautiful, I thought I'd tag along for a little bit and get some pictures.
 

I had to bring Rigdon along too....which meant it wasn't long before he wanted to do what all the other boys were doing.

Rigdon loved just slapping the pole against the water's edge....not very conducive to attracting fish, but oh how he loved doing it anyway!


Come to think of it, I believe this was Rigdon's first ever fishing experience.


Since the scouts were all fishing in a particular area, me and Rigdon walked down a ways and picked out our own little spot.  That's when I put the camera down and started doing my own bit of fishing.  I baited my hook with worms (that's right, no prissy girl here), made some nice, long casts out into the water, and patiently waited and watched for that little bob to (hopefully) start bouncing.  I was having a good 'ol time! 
 
Rigdon helped too...

Connor with some of his fellow scouts.

 Rigdon was fascinated with the wiggly worms, but there was no way he was going to actually touch one of them. 

Within about 10 minutes of fishing, I felt a tug on my line and watched my pole start to arch.  Right on!!!  I started reeling in and called for Connor.  I told him he could bring the fish in if he wanted, which he of course did.  So I handed over the fishing pole and watched all the excitement.  A few of the other boys ran over too, wanting to help.
 

Connor had the fish right up to the bank when the other boys swarmed in, trying to catch the fish with their hands.  Somehow during this point the fish got loose.....darn it all! 


Oh well, at least I had bragging rights for the rest of the night since I was the only one that "almost" caught a fish.  Who knew me and my two-year-old would end up outdoing all of those Weblo scouts? 

No comments:

Post a Comment