Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Deployment Time to Iraq


Needless to say, today was a rough one for our family.  I was already missing Jed before he even stepped onto that plane.  The last few months have felt like one very long goodbye but I am so grateful for the time we've had with him.  For the last year I've thought about what those final goodbyes would be like and now he is really gone.   

This video is about 14 minutes long, so it may take a few extra seconds to buffer.  I was able to put a higher quality video on my Facebook page for those of you who are able to access that.


May our sacrifice and the thousands of others throughout the generations be a continual blessing of freedom and peace for us all. God speed.

4 comments:

  1. We love you so much!!! We will keep Jed in our prayers to be protected and return safely home, and we'll keep you and the kids in our prayers to help keep it all together as a single mom for a while. I know you will all be watched over. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Is all I can say is Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your sacrifices. Your entire family is in our thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if we can help you out while Jed is away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, thanks so much for the cookies! Sorry about my falling apart there at the last bit of our conversation, I was having a hard time holding the emotions in. Thanks so much for thinking of us, it means alot to me.

    You too, Picketts, love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful keepsake and touching video. You should be so proud. We will keep Jed in our constant prayers as well as you and your family! We love you!

    ReplyDelete