Friday, September 24, 2010

Daddy Reminders

I am so excited to introduce you to a set of quadruplets that we have decided to let come and live with us.  They don't really have individual names just yet but they all willingly respond to the name "daddy." Which of course gets a little confusing at times when you call for one of them.  I was a little nervous at first in agreeing to let them stay but we are all adjusting fine to the newest members of our family.  

(Isn't it just so cute how they all like to do their hair differently?)

Come to think of it, they are better behaved than my own kids.  They are so quiet you hardly realize they are there until you look over and see one of them.  They never talk back and always stay put.  I can't think of a better fit for our family!

Before leaving on his deployment, Jed gave each of our kids a "daddy doll."  The military gives these daddy dolls to military kids for free.  When I first saw them my reaction was "oh, look at those creepy army alien dolls."  But then I got the concept of what they were for and reconsidered.  I thought maybe Rigdon would like one so that it would help him not forget his daddy.  Besides, they're free, right?  What would it hurt to get one?  Well, it quickly turned into getting one for each of the kids because I didn't want anyone to feel left out.  So now we have four of these little guys running around our house. 
  

I wasn't sure how the older kids would react to receiving a "doll", but once they saw who was on it they were sold.  These dolls have become everybody's sleeping companion and comforter.
(Here's proof for those who ask me if Rigdon ever cries and then don't believe me when I tell them yes.)

One other daddy reminder that we got was a "flat daddy."  A local sign company was giving these out  free for military families, so we hopped on this offer too.  It's just another way of letting the kids "see" daddy everyday.  For those who are especially missing their dad, the flat daddy goes in their bedroom for the day.
  

Although there was no way Rigdon was going to be in this picture, I caught him just a few minutes later toting his doll around the house.  When it's bedtime, he likes to hug and kiss him too.  On the flip side, he also likes to throw the doll when he is mad, so I guess this doll is providing a full range of free therapy.  That should save us a good chunk of money down the road, right?


So I've decided to start a new segment called "Daddy Doll Adventures."  Check out what Daddy did today on the right side of our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment