Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Now There's Two of Us


Can you guess what's different?

Any thoughts?


How about now?


Yep..I got BRACES.  Again.  Uggg!   I feel like I'm having flashbacks to junior high school: 

Alright, people, you can stop laughing now.  Most everyone goes through their ugly duckling phase, right?  And hey, bangs in the early 90's were a big thing back then, literally.  :P  And check out that goofy smile!  I am rediscovering how hard it is to have a normal smile with braces. 


You'd think having one experience with braces would be enough, let alone having to go through it twice in your life.  I know, I know, I can feel your deepest sympathy already.   I did get the clear/white braces - it was worth spending a tiny bit more money to have them a little less noticeable.  I am quickly being reminded how self-conscious you become when eating food...those train tracks can stash away a whole other meal for you.  OH, and the constant, hurtful poking on the insides of my gums, OW!  How quickly wax has become my new best friend...again.

When I told Jed I needed to have braces put back on again, he laughed and said, "Do you know how long it's been since I've kissed a girl with braces?"  Uh huh, yeah, honey, that's real funny.  I guess I'll get to refresh your memory the next time I see you. 


Now I'm not only counting down the days until Jed comes home, I'm also counting the days until I get my braces off.  The one positive would be getting to go through this all over again with Aubrey.  That part is actually kind of cool.

3 comments:

  1. Oh not fun! How come you needed braces again. Wow - does that younger picture of you bring back some memories! Good times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy that you have to have them again. Do you have them on top and bottom? I have to get them again too, but I have to wait a few more years. Hope things are going good. I enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both look very pretty to me. At least I don't have braces so we wont get "locked" up.

    ReplyDelete