Monday, June 28, 2010

Drewe's Baptism and Confirmation

Yesterday, my niece, Drewe, was baptized by my brother, Cory.
Drewe is the only daughter of my older brother, Troy, who died three years ago. There were a lot a people that showed up in support of the event and everything went smoothly.


Cory with Drewe right before being baptized.
Talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost were given by my sister, Jodi, and my mom, Judy.
Bishop Bolander gave a few comments on the end. They all did a really good job teaching about the special promises and blessings of accepting the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Lots of grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles, aunts, cousins, great-aunts and uncles, ward members, and family friends were all there.


Palumbo and Lewis families along with my other niece, Brooklyn.

After the baptism, we all headed back to my parents house for a light breakfast while we waited for the confirmation to take place.
Most of the Lewis kids - Rigdon, Aubrey and Ronin.
Heading to church for Drewe's confirmation. Her confirmation had to be done during the Sacrament Meeting during church, so that is why the two events were separate instead of being done at the same time. It was such a beautiful Sunday that we all walked to the church.
Drewe's confirmation was wonderful. Those that stood in the Confirmation Circle were: Grandpa Hansen, Uncles: Ben, Todd, Jed, Cory, and Bishop Bolander.

Rigdon was wiggly and restless duing the meeting so I took him into the mother's room for the rest of the meeting. I couldn't help snap a shot of him in his silly mood.

Drewe with her Grandma Hansen. Grandpa had a class to teach right after and wasn't there to get his picture taken.
Congratulations, Drewe, on your special day! I hope you don't ever forget what this day felt like.

The Hansen family at the confirmation. Showing Grandma Hansen, the Lewis family, Palumbos, and Picketts. My brother Cory and his family had already left back to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment