Saturday, June 26, 2010

Temple Visitor's Center

We headed to our nearby Temple Visitor's Center yesterday for my niece, Drewe. The LDS missionaries have been teaching her and wanted to take her there and let her see some pictures and watch the movie, "The Testaments." Since Drewe is getting baptized this Sunday, the missionaries are preparing and teaching her what she needs to know before her big event happens.

From left: Drewe, Kaylee, Canyon, Connor, Carson, and Ronin.

Connor and Carson checking out some of the media learning outlets in the Visitor's Center.

The Visitor's Center is very kid-friendly. Ronin is using a touch screen to pick different religious topics to learn about.

My niece, Kaylee, and my mom and dad.
Since we needed to wait a little bit before the movie started, we asked the missionaries to tell us their conversion stories. So we headed outside onto the temple grounds and listened to them speak. These missionaries are amazing and have sacrificed much for what they believe. Elder Bryan was only baptized two years ago against his family's wishes His family has completely rejected him. I hope that with time his family will come to love and accept him anyway, despite the fact that he believes differently than they do.
From left: Kaylee, my sister, Jodi, her husband, Ben, and my dad.
Ronin listening to the missionaries.
Top row: Kaylee, Canyon, Ronin, and Drewe
Bottom Row: Elder Bryant, Carson, Elder Medina, Connor
Elder Bryant from Louisiana, Drewe, and Elder Medina from Hawaii.
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has blessed my life so much and given me much strength during times of trials and sadness. I know that Christ bled and died for us so that we could have the Atonement. It is only through Him that we can again return to our Heavenly Father, I owe Him my life.

I felt the Spirit strongly yesterday, again testifying to me that it is all true.
I love this gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment