Friday, March 12, 2010

My Cousin, Travis, In Bad Accident

*Update* 11:41 AM
Just got back from the hospital. Travis is now on his way to Utah on a plane, his dad is flying with him. I found out a few other details - his palette is broken, 2 arteries were severed, and he will lose his left eye. Renae will be taking off soon to Utah as well. The extended family is talking about doing a fast on Sunday. It looks as though he will pull through this and get better but there are multiple surgeries ahead for him.


*Update* 9:52 AM
Just talked to my mom, Travis will be life-flighted to Salt Lake in a few hours because the injuries to his face are so complicated that the doctors decided to stop doing the surgery and send him there. He is in ICU and sedated right now. All of Travis' bones in his face are fractured. They are worried about being able to save one of his eyes. My mom and Renae (and the rest of the family) are having a hard time with this. My mom said she went into the hospital room and just lost it.


I just found out that my cousin, Travis, got in a terrible car accident last night. He was life-flighted to a local hospital. From what I understand, he is in bad shape. Jed talked to Dave, his step-dad, just a few minutes ago. Apparently there is no brain damage, but his face has been badly busted up . I am sure there is more going on but that is all I know. I've tried to contact my mom but she didn't answer her cell phone. I am sure all of our prayers would be appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. that stinks I am really sorry I hope that he is able to pull through it. Good Luck. Let your mom and Aunt know that if they are going to come up here that they can stay in my house. I live in West Jordan. You can have them call me 801-413-9362. If he is going to be taken to the Universtiy of Utah I am only about 20 mins. from there.

    ReplyDelete