Thursday, March 11, 2010

I Love My Job

Jed went to work at 6 AM this morning but came home briefly to kiss the kids goodbye before they left for school. He told me how he had just gotten done doing CPR on an old man that had just suffered a heart attack. He said that he could feel the bones breaking as he did the compressions (bones breaking almost always happens when CPR is done correctly.) He also said that it was a lot easier to do CPR on a real human being than on a manikin. Jed has watched CPR being done on real people before but has never been the one to actually do it until today. He then said with a smile, "I love my job - where else do you get to do this kind of stuff and carry a gun at the same time?" Yes, indeed....where else?
Jed's morning was definitely a lot more interesting than my morning of getting kids up and ready for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment