Sunday, August 19, 2012

Western Barn Dance

Last night we enjoyed an evening of twirling, stomping our boots, and filling our bellies at my father-in-law's annual BARN DANCE. 

We arrived a few hours late but there was still plenty of food waiting for us and the dancing goes on all night.

Love the view.

Greeting Mo - Jed's step-mom. 

This was one of the biggest turnouts I've seen at the barn dance, which makes it so much more fun.  :)  PS - Love the flag hanging up there. 


Aubs chowing down on out-of-this-world tritips, huge scones with homemade honeybutter, and seasoned, grilled corn-on-the-cob.

Ronin loved the corn-on-the-cob - so good it didn't need any butter or salt.

Lots of Jeds' half-brothers and sisters were there with their families.  Remember Joe from the Iraq deployment?





Putting this event together is a family affair - grandparents, aunts, and uncles.

The Saddle Strings group provided the music for us all night long.  They really sound good.

Since this was our kids first barn dance, I took it upon myself to teach each of my boys how to dance the two-step.   Boy, how I've forgotten so many fun moves.  I used to dance a lot during my high school and college years.  BUT, I did remember the basic steps.  Next year, I'm gonna brush up by watching some Youtube vids!

I started with Connor - he was my least enthusiastic partner.  I told him chicks dig it when a man knows how to dance.  I don't think he cares.  Not yet anyway. :)

Ronin was great.  He really enjoyed himself.  So cute.

Counting out the steps - slow, slow, quick, quick....

Rigdon just walked along while I danced.  He was just plain adorable.

Ronin was a wanted man at the dance.   A lady came and asked him to dance but he was too shy and turned her down. 
This didn't deter her though, she came back later and asked him again.  He said yes.  :)



My husband...seriously.  Total nerd, but I love him.  :)




I grabbed Tom, my father-in-law, for a dance.  He said he didn't know how but I didn't believe him.

Little did I know what a rollercoaster ride I was going to be on.  He really didn't know how to dance but he made up for it by just doing his own thing.  I was laughing the whole way through that dance.

He told me that he was just the older version of Jed.  So true it's scary, lol.


Ronin liked this whole barn dance thing so much that he even went up and asked Aubrey for a dance.  It was so sweet to watch him do that.   




Dancing some more with my most favorite man in the world.



Can't wait til the next barn dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment