Thursday, August 16, 2012

First Day of School

* More photos were added at the bottom of this post*
School's back in session.  :)
These lovely little monkeys of mine are all happy to be getting back to books, classes, friends, and new experiences.

Aubrey's now starting High School as a Freshman.  That's just crazy to me.  Since when did I ever give her permission to grow up anyway?

She is so excited about this year.  She came home telling me about all the funny things that happened today.  For instance, she headed towards her first class but ended up in the cafeteria somehow.  She was a little turned around but miraculously made it to all of her classes - on time.  :)  She already loves her teachers and made several new friends.

Connor - our 7th Grader.

He had a really good first day too.  He's pretty happy to finally be in a new school - the Middle School (our equivalent to Junior High) and enjoyed all of his classes.

Ronin - 4th Grade.  I just love those deep, brown eyes of his.

He was grumpy about pictures this morning though.  Just not in the mood.

Connor let me follow him to school today so I could take a few more pics.  He's got a bigger instrument to carry this year.  During the summer he decided he wanted to play the cello instead of the violin.


He especially likes having a locker this year.


Ronin's mood improved once he got to school.
 

Especially when there are fun toys to play on.

Ronin was a little worried about his teacher this year because someone told him that she NEVER smiles.  Well, Ronin decided that this was a challenge and told me, "I'm going to make her LAUGH."  I loved his attitude but also warned him to make sure he doesn't do things that HE thinks is funny but would actually get him in trouble."  Ya can't put anything passed this kid, so I had to cover all of my bases.  :) 

Ronin reported a fun first day of school.  He liked his teacher.  She not only gave him a treat today but even threw in a smile.

Second Day of School - Ronin waiting at the bus stop.

He did his own hair today.  :)  Mohawk day apparently.

Ronin with his neighbor friends, Alauna and Jenna. 

Playing a limbo game while waiting for the bus.



Ronin's friend was feeling bad that I was only taking pictures of Ronin, so here ya go buddy.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment