Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shredded Paper = FUN!

Lately I've been like a mad woman decluttering, organizing, and deep cleaning my house, call it spring cleaning if you would like.  Maybe it's 'cuz I am ready for winter to be over with.  I am already fed up with the freezing, cold temperatures, sunless days, and kids with too much pent up energy who are bouncing off the walls.  Course, sometimes it just feels good to get rid of "stuff" too, which sure makes it easier to keep a house clean if there isn't anything to make a mess with in the first place.  Or perhaps I am hoping that if I get a jump start on spring cleaning, spring will come a little quicker too. (I am highly doubtful about that.)

Anyhow, I had a huge pile of paper that I shredded so that I could get it thrown away, but not before Rigdon spotted it.  I could see his little mind working inside and I knew exactly what he was thinking:

Shredded Paper = FUN!  

To a kid, there are countless options when it comes to shredded paper:

You can wrestle in it.

Hit your brother in it:

Get down and serious in it (that's what being shirtless means in our house):

Kick or throw it in your sibling's face - I think you get the point.  So many options.





It wasn't long before Connor and Aubrey joined in too:





Poor Aubrey.  It's three boys vs. one girl.  I am sure you can imagine what she's in for. 


After a few hours of my kids thoroughly enjoying themselves in all of this paper, I was once again reminded that it's the simple things in life that brings us the most joy.  We really don't need a bunch of "stuff" to be happy.  I've already got what really counts in life - a place to call home, our relationships, health, and most importantly, the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I couldn't ask for anything more.  Well, maybe just a few more things...but I would consider that all a bonus.  :)

By the looks of it, I think Ronin feels the same way too:

1 comment:

  1. so fun! What a good mom letting them play away! Loved the pictures you can tell the kids had a great time!

    ReplyDelete