Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I am sure any mom out there will agree with me, there's just something about pausing and taking a moment to watch your baby sleep.  Or in my case, a toddler.


They are such sweet, peaceful moments.  I guess since this little guy is our last one, I am a little more sentimental about everything.  I am going to very much miss times like this. 

Watching their little bodies breathing so quietly.

Makes me want to just snuggle right up to all of that warmth and softness.

Or nibble on his cute toes.

Then it all changes once they wake up.

In our household, this is where the "waking up" phase of an irritable 2-year-old temper flares up.  He doesn't want to have anything to do with anyone. 

And yells back at you, whether you are talking directly to him or not.

But even during his tantrums and grumpiness, I find it all endearing and funny.  Which makes him even more mad. :)

It takes a good 15-20 minutes for his usual, happy self to finally make an appearance.

He is even smart enough to know what I want from him and will do the exact opposite...no smiles for me.  He knows all about the camera. 

Yep, those quiet, sleeping moments are definitely a time to cherish.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...I know all about sleeping toddlers. Can't believe I somehow was lucky enough to have two of them snuggle up with me today. Precious!!

    ReplyDelete