Friday, January 21, 2011

Dribble, Dribble, Dribble.

Yep, basketball is now in full swing for two of our three boys.  It's where we spend a few hours of our time every Saturday.

As I mentioned before, this is Ronin's first year playing.  Looks pretty happy, doesn't he?  


Even with his lack of game experience, I've discovered that Ronin is a bit of a natural at basketball.  His basic skill are a work in progress but he gets the game and has a drive for it.

Of course, you wouldn't know that if all you saw were the times I took him over to the church gym to get in a little extra practice time.  He wasn't exactly an ecstatic jumping jelly-bean.  In fact, I would often get the frustratingly tearful "I CAN'T Do It Ronin" and then later during that same practice, I would experience the "I ALREADY know how to do it so that means I DON'T have to practice" tantrum. 

However, once he steps onto the court for a game he's completely different...he's confident, aggressive, and all smiles.


During his first two games, he made most of his teams' shots.  He told me before his very first game that his goal was to make 20 or 100 baskets...I told him to go for it.  By darn, I am pretty sure he made close to twenty baskets his first game!  (They don't keep score at this level, so it's hard to know the exact amount.)   Nevertheless, I was proud of him!






________________________________________________________

Connor's enjoying his season as well.  The more he plays, the more I can tell how comfortable he's getting with handling the ball and getting into the game.

Yes, I am aware that I need to get this kid some basketball shorts, some basketball shoes would probably come in handy too.  It one of those things that is still on my to do list...I'm gonna try and get to that today.  *finger's crossed*





No comments:

Post a Comment