Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day was a fun-filled day for us. My Aunt Renae brought some horses to a nearby arena to let us all do some horse-riding. It gave us a chance to see some of my cousins and their families. I even got to see my friend, Jenni, and her boys too.

This was Rigdon's first opportunity to get to ride a horse and was so excited when he saw them. We put him on Dolly and took him for a little ride. He absolutely loved it...the smile on his face just lit up. Aubrey was kind enough to lead while I stayed by Rigdon's side. He was so cute to watch.


Aubrey on Dolly.

Ronin enjoying the rodeo arena with the other boys.

My fun-lovin aunts, Renae and Peggy.

Aubrey still riding Dolly.

What boy doesn't like a good dirt pile to play in?

Connor wasn't nearly as excited to go horse riding at first, but once he got going I think he remembered how much he used to like it and ended up riding more than he intended.
Since all of the kids had to take turns with the horses, the dirt pile ended up being another fun thing to play on while they were waiting.
Go Connor!

Ronin also hasn't ridden a whole lot and so this felt new to him all over again. He was pretty nervous at first, but his horse was wonderful and Connor rode by his side.

Ridgon telling his cousin, Brooklyn, where the horses are.

Ridgon likes hanging out with my Aunt Renae, especially since she serves in the nursery at church and Rigdon gets to hang out with her every Sunday.

Connor and Briggs out taking a spin.

Rigdon and Grandpa watching the kids riding the horses.

Just hanging out and enjoying one another's company.


Cory has given Rigdon a new nickname, Rigdoneeon! (I'm not sure quite how to spell that.) I think Rigon likes his Uncle Cory a lot.

After horse riding, we later went and visited some gravesites with my mom and dad and Cory's family. We first saw my Grandpa Taysom's headstone. I can't believe it's been 5 years since he past away...it doesn't seem like it's been that long.

The kids enjoyed playing with each other...which was ok because no one else was out there but us.


Time to go.

Afterwards, we headed to the cemetery in town where my brother, Troy, was buried.

My niece, Brooklyn, liked checking out the flowers.



My Grandma Taylor is also buried in the same cemetery but on the other side, so we walked over and looked at hers too.

Afterwards, we stopped and grabbed some snow cones on the way home. Yummy!

It didn't take long for the kids to fall asleep tonight, I think the day completely wore them out. Nice! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment