Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mothers out there!
Happy Mother's Day everyone!! I just wanted to say how very grateful I am to have four loving, happy, healthy, energetic kids who love me despite my many imperfections as a mom. It's a good thing they forgive quickly and easily - something that I should take note of and apply more often. Being a mom has taught me more about myself than any other life experience I've ever had. Just when I think I am doing fine in my life, they show me that I have much more room to grow and much more work to do. I think God knew what he was doing when he gave us the responsibility of rearing children - what better and quicker way to encourage us to live the way we should be living when there are little eyes watching our every move. Ninety-eight percent of the time my nighttime prayers usually involve me asking my Heavenly Father to help me be a more patient and soft-spoken mother to my children and to forgive me for being such an impatient, grouchy bear. Can anyone else relate or is it just me?
Motherhood is definitely one of the most precious and challenging gifts I've ever been given. I just have to remind myself to take the time to really enjoy the sweet moments and cherish my children.
PS: What my family did for me for Mother's Day: Connor and Ronin came home from school and gave me gifts that they made from school. Jed and the kids cooked Sunday dinner, washed the dishes, cleaned the house, meanwhile letting me do whatever I wanted to do and not have to lift a finger to help. Jed did the laundry (yesterday was crazy and I didn't have time to get to the laundry and yet we needed clean clothes.) In our house, laundry takes a whole day to complete. Jed also gave me a $30 gift certificate to Best Buy. Woo Hoo! Thanks, sweetie! Aubrey's gift was letting me pop the pimples on her forhead. (I can't help it, I am such a picker and sometimes her pimples are just calling my name. As you can imagine, Aubrey hates that I keep asking her if I can pop her pimples and never lets me do it.) So, when she said I could pop 'em, I knew that it was a real sacrifice for her to be willing to put up with the pain that comes with it. Thanks Aubrey - I know you really love me!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You're a popper too huh. Thanks for your post. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete