Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cuddly Pair

A few weeks ago, I was checking on my kids late at night before I headed to bed myself. Since the kids had been asleep for awhile, I quietly snuck into Aubrey and Rigdon's room to make sure Rigdon was covered cover up by his blanket. Since it was dark and my eyes hadn't yet adjusted, I simply felt around with my hands to find him in his crib. To my astonishment, I didn't feel his warm little body anywhere! My heart lept with a little bit of fear that perhaps he had somehow fallen out. I went and turned on the hall light and still didn't see him anywhere around the crib. For a split second my thoughts turned to the idea that maybe someone had snatched him. What a terrible thought for any parent to have.

I then looked over at Aubrey's bed, and there he was, all snuggled up with Aubrey. I let out a sigh of relief. Since then, it has become a common occurrence for Rigdon to end up in Aubrey's bed. At times, Rigdon will wake up and cry, so rather than put up with the noise, Aubrey just grabs him and puts him in her bed.

They are a tight little pair and have become best buddies. I took a few photos the other night because I think it's just cute to see.



2 comments: