Saturday, April 10, 2010

Our first school snow day.....in April

This week was an interesting one as far as weather goes. Just when you think spring might poke her head around the corner, a storm system came in Monday night and dumped 4 inches of snow on the ground. Because of the wind and amount of snow, our kids got to have their first snow day of this school season....in April. Crazy!!!!!!! We had gone through the whole winter without school ever cancelling because of a bad winter day and here we are in April. I had already gathered up all of our winter stuff and had it all ready to stick in the garage for another year -then I had to pull it all out again. The kids of course were overjoyed at the thought of not having to go to school.

So I did what any good mom does when her kids are out of school for the day....that's right, she makes them go out into the very cold weather and work on shoveling the drive-way.


We had just barbequed two days prior...talk about messed up.



This is Ronin when he first went outside.....


This is Ronin 20 minutes later...."I'm cold, Mom! Can I be done?" (It really was cold with the wind blowing so I knew he wasn't just trying to get out of shoveling.)



Usually, I just make the boys go out and shovel, but this time I sent Aubrey out too.

Ronin isn't one to let any opportunity slip by....Jed came home for a few minutes and Ronin was ready for him. I took this picture from inside the house.

Lot's of snow!

Connor's thrilled face, showing how happy he is to be shoveling.



I am sure those of you enjoying your 80 degree weather are so envious of us right now, aren't you?
Hot chocolate, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I am wondering if I should post my picture of my green garden in our backyard about now??

    Ok, I won't rub it in because in about a month I'll be wishing for the Idaho weather!

    Penni

    ReplyDelete