Thursday, April 21, 2011

Remembering Him

I am always grateful for any occasion such as this to again be reminded what my brother and Savior did for me.  Knowing that I am riddled with imperfection and weakness, my Savior stood up and did what I could not do for myself.  What an incredible debt I owe to my Master, my Redeemer.






How does one fully appreciate and comprehend all that Christ went through for each and every one of us? I don't know that I will ever completely understand it, but I will always be grateful. He suffered for our sins and felt all our pain and sorrow. He was brutally crucified and then resurrected three days later.  It is Jesus Christ alone that has provided us a way back to our Heavenly Father's presence - back home.  Whether or not every human on this earth chooses to accept the atonement of Jesus Christ, it won't ever change the fact that he still did it anyway, for me, for you, for all mankind.






Alma 34:8-10:

...Behold, I say unto you, that I do know that Christ shall come among the children of men, to take upon him the transgressions of his people, and that he shall atone for the sins of the world; for the Lord God hath spoken it.
      For it is expedient that an atonement should be made; for according to the great plan of the Eternal God there must be an atonement made, or else all mankind must unavoidably perish; yea, all are hardened; yea, all are fallen and are lost, and must perish except it be through the atonement which it is expedient should be made.
      For it is expedient that there should be a great and last sacrifice; yea, not a sacrifice of man, neither of beast, neither any manner of fowl; for it shall not be a human sacrifice; but it must be an infinite and eternal sacrifice.


I accept his gift with a grateful heart.


Happy Easter everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Cow Mindy I did not realize your husband was in Iraq. When I got on Penni's blog I just had to check yours out and holy cow I have been in tears over the deployment video you put together. What a strong woman you are. You have a beautiful family. It is so nice to get to know you again through Zumba. You are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Kelli. It definately hasn't been an easy 7 months, but we are on the down slope now. Yay! I am glad I get to see you at Zumba too! Sooo much fun! I'll be stalking your blog now too! I love the name, clever. :)

    ReplyDelete