Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving Day was filled was lots of family, food and fun.  Since we had such a large number showing up, we reserved our church building for Thanksgiving dinner.   

This year we celebrated the day with my dad's side of the family.


Among our group were my grandparents, several aunts, uncles, and cousins.

 It's been fun seeing our families grow year after year.

Rigdon didn't wait for the prayer, he was pretty hungry and dug right in.

 Aubrey.

My cousins' kids - I am finding it hard to keep up with all of their names since I don't get to see them very often.

Aubrey playing Ring-Around-The-Rosies with the little ones.


Connor and Rigdon.

There is a gym in the church building where we played some basketball...



...and a few games of "Lightning."

Don't let my Sister-in-law, Lisa's pregnant body fool you...she was whooping up on everyone.

Ah, my favorite part...DODGEBALL!  My Uncle Kevin's setting up the game.

Waiting for the word "go!"

And the madness begins!

We played several games for about an hour.  Wow, by the time we were done I was feeling like I had just gotten done with one serious workout.  (I guess that means I need to do a tad bit more in that department.)

Little Rigdon enjoyed the games too.  Surprisingly, he only got hit once while wandering back and forth between the teams.


Lots of spectators enjoying the game too.

I am so thankful (among many other things) for family and friends.  Life would feel like such a barren wasteland without those relationships in my life.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

I had to quickly add this in too....I am so grateful for my wonderful neighbors and ward members!  They have fixed my back door, installed my mailbox (a new requirement by the city post office), shoveled our driveway, cleared snow off of my vehicle, stopped by to see if there is anything they can do.  I know that if there is ever anything I need, there is always someone there to offer.  It is a huge relief to have many caring people watching over my famly while Jed is gone.  Thank you to all of you!
Thanks so much, Shannon!  I owe you big time for this!  Can you imagine me out there trying to install a mailbox into the sidewalk by myself? 

2 comments:

  1. Good times! I may have to "borrow" a few of your pics for my blog! Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, Lisa. I snatch some of your photos too sometimes...so borrow away! You always have my permission so you don't ever need to ask, just go ahead and do it. :)

    ReplyDelete