Friday, November 20, 2009

Festival of Trees Performance

Aubrey had her first ballroom performance this dance year at the Festival of Trees a few days ago. She has a new partner this year, his name is Damian. Connor won't be performing with Aubrey this year because he is taking ballroom from a dance studio closer to home instead, so he'll have his own dance performances separately. My mom was also able to come and watch.

Aubrey wasn't thrilled about having to have her hair all curly and make-up put on her face. She vows that she will not wear make-up, even when she will be allowed to in six months because she'll be turning twelve. She stated, "I'll wear makeup when I'm a thousand years old, but I'll be dead by then and so I won't have to anyway." Hmmm, we'll see how long she really lasts. She sure is cute though anyway.

For the performance, the girls have to wear what they call "granny glasses." I don't think the girls like them very much but they don't seem to mind the white gloves.



Aubrey's best friend, Keneisha, started ballroom this year as well. They are in the same class which makes ballroom even more fun for Aubrey. Keneisha is just like Aubrey...horses, horses, horses.

3 comments:

  1. So cute!! I think she looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to come one time. Let me know when it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That so brings back memories! She is such a cute girl! :)

    ReplyDelete