Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Down, Set, Hut!

I know I'm a little late on posting Connor's football season this year - but better late than never, right? Connor had a lot of fun and played really well. He scored some touchdowns throughout the season and did a great job on defense. I can tell he's more comfortable out there and knows what he is supposed to do. He's grown a lot since his first year of football. Their team won every game except for two and those games were both ties. Way to go, Connor!

While watching him play and mingle with his teammates, I discovered he has some real natural leadership abilities. He would often encourage his teammates and enthusiastically praised them when they did something well. Playing on a team has really brought that aspect out of him a lot more....or perhaps I just haven't been paying attention and it's really been there all along.


Throughout most of the games, I spent most of my time chasing this little guy around. Rigdon loved running out into the field during the games. He got a big kick out of it because he knew I would come after him and pull him off. There was one particular game where he saw Connor when the teams were running down to the opposite side of the field. Rigdon took off running and by the time I noticed he was gone, he was already halfway down the field.
Aubrey helped out a little bit with keeping Rigdon in check but got sick of having to watch him much of the time.
The powder on Rigdon's nose was from the chalk line on the grass. Don't ask me how he got it all over him.
Rigdon also enjoyed rearranging the field cones - he'd take off with them and put them somewhere else.


I didn't get any pictures of Ronin because he was usually off somewhere running around or playing on the playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment