Sunday, June 21, 2009

Arizona Trip - Zoe's Baptism

We took off for Arizona on Thursday, June 11th to go and visit my sister, Penni, and her family. Her daughter Zoe was getting baptized the coming Saturday and so many of the Hansen family decided to attend and then stay for a week. Jodi and Ben had planned to go but because of her cancer diagnosis and surgery their plans obviously changed but they still sent Kaylee and Carson. Jed also wasn't able to come with us because he was at his National Guard annual training for two weeks and couldn't get out of it. It was really hard for him not to be able to go on the trip with us. I never would of gone if my mom and dad hadn't of gone too...the thought of a 10 day, over 2,000 mile trip with just me, 3 kids, and a baby would of been enough to keep me home. Luckily, my dad was willing to drive the whole time so I could just concentrate on the kids. Thanks dad for everything you did! I really appreciate it! Oh, and while I 'm at it, "Happy Father's Day" too!

So anyway, Zoe got baptized on June 14th, Saturday. My sister, Penni, and her family live in Mesa, Arizona but our condo was in Scottsdale so we were actually about 30 minutes away from them. I posted a few photos of the baptism but I am sure the Pickett's will get their photos up soon. They can do the completed version of the day. We ate afterwards at Penni and Todd's house, it was a lot of fun. It was nice to finally see where they live and what their daily life is like for them. I was surprised to see my cousin, Riley, and her husband, John. I guess I had forgotten that they also live in Arizona. It was great to see them and hang out a little.

Congratulations, Zoe! I am so glad that we could come and see you get baptized!


Zoe with her cousins who showed up that day.

At the church - Drewe, Kaylee, and Aubrey.

Apparently the boys weren't in the mood for photos.

2 comments:

  1. Fun pictures! It looks like you guys had a great time! Wish we could have been there. I was glad to see you in shorts and not as white as you were a few summers ago ;-) Just teasing!! Too bad Rigdon wasn't feeling all that well, that is always a bummer. Anyway, thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip!! It looks like you guys had so much FUN! Love all the pictures. I'm so glad that you and the kids were able to go. What fun memories you and they will have! :)

    ReplyDelete