Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happily Ever After

Sometimes it's still hard for me to believe I have a daughter old enough to be in the Young Women's Program at church.
Aubrey experienced her first Young Women's in Excellence Program this week. This special Sunday-dress event is a chance for the girls to display and tell about some of their value projects they have completed over the last year.

Look who's here! The Stake Young Women's President came to the event too.

She also just happens to be Aubrey's grandma (and my mother.)
For a portion of the program, we watched a brief video on a recent talk titled "Your Happily Ever After" by President Uchtdorf.  I couldn't find the exact video we actually watched that night, but this one (below) is almost exactly the same, just much shorter.

After the video, a lady from our ward, Sister Beck, elaborated on the video's message.  All of the girls (and leaders) were given crowns to match the program's theme.

Remember Aubrey, you are a daughter of a Heavenly King, which makes you a princess. Never forget how special you are in your Heavenly Father's eyes.  Your "happily ever after" is in living a Christlike life so that you can return to live with your Heavenly Father again one day.


Aubrey was pretty excited to find out Desiree just got braces too:

Aubrey's awesome Young Woman teacher, Sister Poulsen:
I am so grateful for this lady (who I also consider to be my friend.)   She has been a huge help with Aubrey.  She is aware of everything that Aubrey is going through right now with her dad being gone and she gives Aubrey lots of love and encourages her to be strong and to endure her struggles with a happy, positive attitude. 

At the end - refreshments!

The Young Women and their leaders (click to enlarge):
Not all of the girls were able to make it, but for those who attended it was a wonderful, spiritual night. I am so grateful for the Young Women's Program - what a difference it made in my own life as a teenager and now I get to see my own daughter benefit and grow from it as well.  A truly inspired program.

1 comment: