Friday, July 12, 2013

More Summer Fun

Sumer is just flying by, here are a few thing we've been up to.  :)


Fourth of July was spent at a nearby water park as a family with my mom and brother and his family.  Getting in the water sounded really good since it's been blazing hot these last two weeks.  Connor brought along his friend, McCade.


Aubrey with her cousins from Florida and Arizona - Drewe and Zoe.

Rigdon chowin' down.


Later that evening we had a BBQ with some family, friends, and neighbors....

Neighbor, Les Devries.





...and ended with some fireworks to top it all off.  :)





As far as the rest of the summer goes.....

Hangin' with Drewe some more at home.

 
I decided that the kids (particularly the boys) could use some practice on their handwriting.  The school system here really doesn't focus on penmanship, especially when it comes to cursive. 



I'm not so sure the boys were as enthusiastic as I was about their practice writing sheets.  Aubrey was excited about it, but then again, she's already got really beautiful (and legible) handwriting.

It's becoming a lost art and I'm determined that my children will at least be able to sign their signature instead of just printing it.  My 12 year old niece, Drewe, informed me the other day that she only knew how to print and didn't know how to write in cursive AT ALL PERIOD.  Say what???  She wanted a copy of my writing packet so she could learn it too and I gladly gave her one.


Rigdon had dental surgery on his mouth two weeks ago.  Such a little cutie.

Coming out of la la land after the surgery.

It took awhile for him to fully become alert.  

Among the several different procedures done, a tooth was pulled.  Who's ever seen a tooth with three roots instead of two?????  I'm still puzzled by this. 

Connor's spending a lot of time with his Grandpa on the golf course. 

 My dad has been teaching him the in's and out's and Connor's really starting to improve and get a knack for the game.
 



We took Connor and Aubrey mountain biking for the first time last week.  It was long, tough going at times, and a bit muddy. 

But they really enjoyed it and said they would like to do it again.  :)




Me and my buddy.  :)

All done and ready to go home. 



But first we got a shot by the trailhead.






No comments:

Post a Comment