Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Older Than Dirt

 Jed turned 40 this week!!!  Wow...he's half way to death's door.  What an old man!  :)

We celebrated his birthday this last weekend with his family.

Jed's grandmother was always the one to make his beloved "Wacky" cake every year for his birthday.  But since she passed away this last summer, it was now up to me to take on that mantle.  Scary, I know.  It's a cake you have to make from scratch and the "White Mountain Frosting", is tricky to make.  I ruined the first batch of frosting by overcooking it but it turned out significantly better the second time around.   


Notice that just about 1/3 of the cake is missing? 
 
Yeah, Jed got into it the night before the party...he "couldn't" wait. Forty years old going on four I think, lol.
 

Jed and his mother, Kriss.
 
We made him a candy poster.
 
 
Our boys.

Jed's grandpa, Don.


 
Can't imagine where Jed gets some of his personality from.
 
 
 
 
It runs in the family.

Happy Birthday to my one-of-a-kind husband!  I love you bunches and bunches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment