Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fifteen Years Ago Today

Fifteen years ago I decided to take a chance on this man who asked me to marry him and build a life together. 
(Engagement Pic)

Here was a man who could make me laugh when no one else could.
(Engagement Pic)

 Ours was a friendship that later grew into something more.

He was someone I felt safe with in every way.

He was my best friend.



Most importantly, I fell in love with the man inside of him.   

I knew he wasn't perfect . . . nor was I, which meant our relationship wouldn't always be perfect either. 
 BUT, I also knew he was the kind of man that would always keep striving to be the best husband and father that he could be.  I knew I would be marrying just as much of the man he would become in the future as the man I had right before me.

More importantly, this man LOVED me.  All of me.  My quirks.  My weaknesses.   Even the things I do that frustrate him to no end.  :)

The wonderful thing about marriage is that we've fallen in love with each other over and over again throughout the years.  Each time is a rebirth of our feelings and covenants that we've made to each other so long ago.  It is what has gotten us through all those rough patches that invade and sprout in every relationship.

Together we've created precious, little lives that binds us together even more in purpose and deed.


And after all these years, he still looks at me like this - 

He still loves me.  Desires me.  Wants to always be with me.  Misses me when we aren't by each other's side.

 Thank you, my dear husband, for a life that we, together, have built. 

I love you truly.

Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary, Jed! 

3 comments:

  1. Fifteen years into eternity you're both looking great and doing well. I congratulate you on habitually choosing the right.
    Jim H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jim! Eternity is a loooong way to go. We hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! You two are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete